Thursday 25 February 2010

Podcasting & YouTube

Podcasts seem good! I've subscribed to BBC Radio 4's History of the World in 100 Objects. I've heard one or two on the radio, and been very impressed by them. They take an object (often in the British Museum?), and examine what the object tells us about some aspect of world history. And they get top-class academics on to do the discussion.

As an example, here's Oxford's Barry Cunliffe using some bronze flagons to discuss the Celts and drinking: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/ahow/ahow_20100224-1000a.mp3

Now the show is in my Google Reader I can listen to all of the episodes and not miss any- hurrah! I can definitely see the use of this, I love Radio 4 but only normally listen to it in my car. Will be adding more programs, I think.

I've been using YouTube for aaaaages. Didn't know the stuff about channels before though, so that's a neat discovery. Also didn't know there was so much education-related stuff. So yes, very interesting task.

Have a video of the "March of the Librarians":

1 comment:

  1. That's it - I'm going to have to shoot myself before I turn into a penguin-librarian! :-)

    ReplyDelete