Friday 26 March 2010

Office 2.0

I've used Google Docs quite a lot already among my friends, so there weren't many huge surprises. But I hadn't used their forms before, and they're quite funky.

I decided to actually do something useful with my 23 Things for once, and made a LoC Cutter Number Generator as a Google Spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Anv66HmLQMiZdFlsTmJyb18zV3ZaSkZWMWNPa0JaRlE&hl=en

The main problem is when several people try to edit something at once. You get fights- "I want to type in this word! I want to type in this word!"
Also, I'm terrified someone's going to edit something important and it won't work any more. So I've got the formula stored in a Notepad file. Which means that I'm not storing all my information there, I'm not fully embracing the mindset of these things. Oh well.
I do like how many functions you can nest in their spreadsheets- Excel refused to run my formula as it's too long!

So I guess that's a meh. I'm not over-the-moon, but I can see it has uses.

Wasn't hugely impressed by ThinkFree Office? It's ok, I guess. But I'm used to Google Docs already, and I'm not convinced enough to switch. The verdict is nay!

Oh dear, I'm on holiday next week. I'm going to fall behind on my 23 things for the first time! Ah well, it's almost over...

No comments:

Post a Comment